Networker

[Networker] client recover problems

2004-09-27 12:10:38
Subject: [Networker] client recover problems
From: "Kidder, Roy" <Roy.Kidder AT SAFELITE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:49:05 -0400
I just ran into a problem while attempting to recover a client and I can't
figure out what might be going on. I'm trying to recover a directory on a
Windows 2000 client (SP4, NW6.2) from a Linux server (6.1.3). When I start
NetWorker User, it scans for a server and fails claiming it couldn't find
one. Running tcpdump on the server, I never see a single packet from the
client. I've verified the configs on both sides. There's no firewall or
filtering of any type between the two boxes or on the boxes themselves. I
can ping back and forth just fine and I've verified IP info (address, mask,
gateway, forward and reverse dns, resolvers) on both. This is the only box I
have that can't do a recover from the server, so I'm reasonably confident
it's not the server. The only thing I can think of to verify on the client
side is the "nsr\res\servers" file, which correctly shows the fqdn of the
server.

A couple of interesting things to note are the fact that backups (scheduled
and manual) work just fine. Also, if I launch NetWorker Administrator on the
client, it also complains that it can't find a server, however if I manually
point it at one, it connects to it.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Roy

Roy Kidder

Network Engineer

Safelite Glass Corp.

This message, including any attachments, may contain
confidential information intended for a specific individual
and purpose, and may be protected by law.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail
or telephone immediately, and then immediately delete this
message.  Any disclosure, copying or distribution of this
message, or the taking of any action based on it, by any
unintended recipient is strictly prohibited.

Checked by the Safelite e-mail scanner which may have
resulted in the attachments being modified or removed.