Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with a directive file

2004-09-23 17:32:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with a directive file
From: Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:34:05 -0400
Stan Horwitz wrote:

The NetWorker server in question is Power Edition NetWorker 7.1.2 on
a Sunfire v480 with Solaris 9. The client in question is running NetWorker
6.1.2 on a Suse Linux system.

The problem is that directives on this particular client are ignored. When
I try to run a probe or server initiated backup of this client, it looks
like everything gets backed up. I have tried several permutations of
directives and tried both server side and client side directives, but both
are ignored.

What I want to do is avoid ever backing up the /dev and /usr/local/perlmx
directories. I have tried things like putting a .nsr file in the root
directory that looks like:

<< / >>
skip: dev
<< /usr/local >>
skip: perlmx

With the /.nsr file try this:

<< /dev >>
        skip:   * .?*
<< /usr/local/perlmx >>
       skip:   * .?*

An alternative method would be to create /.nsr that contains "skip:     dev"
and also create /usr/local/.nsr that contains "skip: perlmx".

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT us.ibm DOT com>
IBM Linux Technology Center System Admin