Networker

Re: [Networker] netapp NDMP parallism

2004-09-17 07:31:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] netapp NDMP parallism
From: "Kuin, CNM" <CKuin AT WLZ DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:32:13 +0200

AFAIK if you tell Legato to start a single saveset, e.q. 'all', ndmp will
dump this to one tape drive only.
However if you supply more savesets and parallelism is configured for the
tape drives (and the drives belong to the targeted pool) savesets are
'devided' over the available drives.

Dunno any other method of verifying the utilisation than by checking the
MB/s in the Networker admin.
(which, as I recently learned here, can be done by a script as well :)

Cor Kuin.