Networker

[Networker] Cluster backup issues

2004-09-16 12:47:39
Subject: [Networker] Cluster backup issues
From: Kenneth Larsen <Kenneth.Larsen AT STERIA DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:50:54 +0200
Hi

Hardware:
Windows 2000 cluster with networker 7.1.1
Networker server windows 2003, networker version 7.1.1

I have a MS w2k cluster. a few days ago it reported the shared drive as
possible corrupt.
It tried to fail this shared driver between the two nodes, and neither
would accept it.
We the stopped the drive from failing over to the second node and the
first node got its act together and ran a checkdisk.
After that the disk came online again, with 'only' permissions missing. At
least we haven't heard or seen anything that indicates there is a problem
with the physical disk.

But since then, each time I try to take a backup of the physical nodes
they take the shared drive as part of thier own physicals drives.
Meaning first off networker wanna do a full backup of this drive since its
the first time its been backed up.
Secondly the virtual nodes still run the backup as usualy.

All this ofcause means that I get two daily backups of the same drive,
which is NOT whats supposed to happen.

Is there anybody that have seen this behaviour before ?

I am not quite sure this is a Networker issue, but its a place to start.

Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Kenneth Larsen
Steria
Tonsbakken 16-18
2740 Skovlunde
kel AT steria DOT dk - 44506261 - 26306261
With a revenue of 970  million Euro and more than 8,000 employees, Steria
is one of the top ten IT services companies in Europe.
Steria Denmarks ambition is to reach a yearly growth of 20% in the coming
3 years. Our focus expertise is in:  e-Business, e-Government,
Outsourcing, Infrastructure, CRM and Workflow.