Networker

[Networker] Advanced file type questions

2004-09-15 13:04:08
Subject: [Networker] Advanced file type questions
From: Richard Savage <rsavage AT MEDIAGRIF DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:04:44 -0400
Hi,

A couple of questions for the Networker guru of this list:

Using AFTD

1. Are we limited to 1 TB file systems/device using Solaris 9 and Networker
7.1.2 ? I know I can construct fs over 1 TB, but will Networker be able to
use them as AFTD ?

2. Can we create multiples AFT devices under the same file system ?

i.e. I have a /backup partition of 4 TB and I want to create 4 AFT devices:

/backup/vol1
/backup/vol2
/backup/vol3
/backup/vol4

The reason I am asking that is that I want to be able to be able to stage
using 4 devices but I don't want to be bothered by having 1 device getting
full while the other still have plenty of space...

Thanks !

Richard Savage
rsavage AT mediagrif DOT com