Networker

[Networker] Backing up to a remote storage node.

2004-09-10 12:59:57
Subject: [Networker] Backing up to a remote storage node.
From: Simon McCartney <simon AT ASIDUA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:48:50 +0100
Hi,

I'm trying to implement an automated offsite backup solution, we have the
option of putting a box in some co-lo space based at our ISP, my idea was
to put a box with a lot of diskspace and create a file device in Legato on
that node.  I'd then create an Offsite backup group and pool to direct
save sets to the offsite pool, which uses the remote device.
The problem I have come across is that we still run a Default group to
pools Full & NonFull, which go to tape in a local library, so the client
indexes are updated by both the Default group & my new Offsite group, so
the "full" backups in the schedule are the only savesets that are worth
anything.
Is there anyway round this?  Or is there a better way of implementing an
on disk offsite backup?
Regards,

Simon.

--