Networker

[Networker] Backup Timeline Graph, any script available?

2004-09-09 11:31:49
Subject: [Networker] Backup Timeline Graph, any script available?
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT ES>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:31:48 +0200
Hello,

I'm looking for an script that does a Backup Timeline Graph (in text or
graphic mode). The output of this script should be something like this:

machine1 xxxxxxxx
machine2 xxxx
machine3              xxxx
machine4     xxxxxxxxx
machine5         xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
         12:00     12:30     13:00     13:30     14:00

The 'x' indicates that "at this time the machine is being backed up". The
graphic could summarize (interpolate) the results for all savesets in the
machine or have a more specific version with the timeline for every saveset.

I need a graphic like this to see wich machines are a bottleneck for the
total group backup. I think that this script could be done using the output
of the savegroup.log (starting and end time of every saveset of a machine)
but ...

Someone has an script like this and want to share it with us? Other ideas
about what's the better manner for implementing this?

Thank you very much in advanced!

PS: It could be a very nice idea to have a forum/web page where sharing
scripts that help in the Day NetWorker administration.

 o o o  Manel Rodero                   | LCFIB - UPC
 o o o  Systems Manager & HelpDesk     | Campus Nord - Modul B6
 o o o  Laboratori de Calcul           | Jordi Girona, 1-3
 U P C  Facultat Informatica Barcelona | 08034 Barcelona (Spain)

 Mail : manel AT fib.upc DOT es               | Tel: +00 34 93 401 6940
 Web  : http://www.fib.upc.es/~manel   | Fax: +00 34 93 401 7040