Networker

Re: [Networker] How to filter out some warning messages?

2004-09-09 08:19:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to filter out some warning messages?
From: Ty Young <Phillip_Young AT I2 DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:17:58 -0500
Manel,

Another  solution would be to modify your directives to skip these files
from backup.   At my site we actually skip the contents of any directory
called 'oradata', 'db2data, 'MSSQL2K' and 'MSSQL7'  as well as bunch of
others since these typically contain live files that could not be restored
to a usable state anyway (thereby requiring our DBAs to do an online backup
to a flatfile/export format before my group starts.)

-ty

Phillip T. ("Ty") Young, DMA
Backup/Recovery Systems Mgr.
Information Services & Technologies
i2 Technologies, Inc.

             Manel Rodero
             <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT ES
             Sent by: Legato           NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
             NetWorker                                                  cc
             discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTMA                                     Subject
             IL.TEMPLE.EDU>            [Networker] How to filter out some
                                       warning messages?

             09/09/2004 02:24
             AM

             Please respond to
             Legato NetWorker
                discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTMA
              IL.TEMPLE.EDU>;
             Please respond to
               Manel Rodero
             <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT ES

Hello,

Is it possible to have some warning messages filtered out of the output of
backup log? I would like to filter things like files changed during save:

* machine:/data04 save: Warning - `/data04/oradata/zona/control02.ctl'
changed during save

or like these when files cannot be opened because they are in use:

* machine:C:\ save: C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\objects\db\px.db: cannot open
(The process cannot access the file becauseit is being used by another
process.)

or growing files:

* machine:/home save: Warning -
`/home/soft/apache_1.3.31/logs/sslWEBMAIL_engine_log' size grew during save

I now that I can parse the output and filter lines with these strings but I
would like to do this naturally from within NetWorker.

Thank you very much for any help.

See you,

 o o o  Manel Rodero                   | LCFIB - UPC
 o o o  Systems Manager & HelpDesk     | Campus Nord - Modul B6
 o o o  Laboratori de Calcul           | Jordi Girona, 1-3
 U P C  Facultat Informatica Barcelona | 08034 Barcelona (Spain)

 Mail : manel AT fib.upc DOT es               | Tel: +00 34 93 401 6940
 Web  : http://www.fib.upc.es/~manel   | Fax: +00 34 93 401 7040