Networker

Re: [Networker] savepnpc command

2004-09-03 13:37:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] savepnpc command
From: Mark Dyer <mdyer AT OAOT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 13:39:27 -0400
All,

I'm researching pre & post command processing and came across the following
tip for creating a savepnpc.res template.

In one of my clients, I added savepnpc as the backup command.  When my
backup was done, I looked in the /nsr/res directory on my server and didn't
find a savepnpc.res file.

What have I missed?

Server: Solaris 2.6, Networker 6.0.2 Build 251.

Thanks,
Mark Dyer

On Fri, 17 May 2002 09:12:32 -0400, Dolores Capers <dcapers AT NETJETS DOT COM>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>First, if you don't already have a .res file run a backup of something
small and put the word savepnpc in the backup command. On the server backed
up it will create a template for the .res file you need ( it is called by
savepnpc) Change the pre and post to the fullpath of the commands to stop
and start SQL and in the saveset type ALL ( this will stop SQL, backup all
drives, then start SQL.)  The .res should be title after the group you you
enable for the backup of the SQL server and must be located in the res
directory on the client.  These steps are also laid out in the Networker
Admin Guide.