Networker

[Networker] Saveset restores in 7.1.1 from old saves in 5.5.x

2004-09-02 10:49:58
Subject: [Networker] Saveset restores in 7.1.1 from old saves in 5.5.x
From: "Rohrich, James" <James.Rohrich AT UOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:49:48 -0500
Has anyone else had problems with doing a saveset restore with a 7.x server
when the original save was done with 5.5.x? I finally had to do use scanner
since we kept getting the error which occurred immediately even before the
tape was read:

"cannot recover continued ssid "

It seems that 7.x has trouble reading these old savesets at least in my
environment and the error is coming from the media db. After doing a scanner
it seems the other ssid which were not displayed on the volume details may
have been related to the 2 gb chunks used in older saves on NT and earlier
versions of Legato. MMINFO showed the other ssid on the volume but from the
gui the saveset which just terminate with the error given.

James Rohrich
UOP LLC
25 E. Algonquin Rd.
Des Plaines, Illinois 60016