Networker

Re: [Networker] AlphaStor and adding a new Storage Node

2004-08-20 15:01:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] AlphaStor and adding a new Storage Node
From: Carl Farnsworth <cfarnsworth AT SYMPATICO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:01:54 -0400
REALLY long shot, but maybe worth a try.  Set the Idle Device Timeout to 0
on your primary jukebox temporarily (and don't forget to set it back when
done :-) and mount a tape in each of the drives on the primary jukebox.

I'm thinking you might be hung up on an issue with AS that was *supposed*
to be fixed in SR2, where whenever AS tries to unmount a volume, it tries
*every other host* other than the one where it is actually mounted *first*,
errors out, then finally gets to the correct host.  This maybe doesn't
apply in an environment where the drives aren't shared, but shouldn't hurt
to try it :-)  If mt unmounts the drive, can't see firmware being a problem.

Side note, are you sure you have to delete the existing entry?  I don't
recall being prevented from simply re-running the Wizard.  Also found that
the Stand Alone Device configuration sections can be used to modify jukebox
device entry's.

HTH
cf