Networker

Re: [Networker] Adv_File + Staging + RMAN

2004-08-19 16:58:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Adv_File + Staging + RMAN
From: Randy Doering <rdoering AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:58:34 -0400
We did some testing today and Legato did as I expected (and hoped) it
would do.

Oracle (Full backup to DiskPool2), Level 1 to DiskPool2. Staged it all
to tape (orapool2).

Another Level 2 to DiskPool2.

Corrupted the DB and the restore did just (from both the Tape and Disk).

Another question is if the DBA had previously done a backup to orapool1
(tape) and then we switched to Disk/Staging. I'm assuming that one
restore with RMAN will need to go and get the data from orapool2 and
another step will be to get the data from DiskPool2 (from where ever it
now sits).

Also, our restores from tape/disk this afternoon didn't show much
improvement with disk - 460MB (1:09 (tape) versus 00:57 (disk)). I' told
that there should be some performance enhancements with 7.1-2 over
7.1-1. Has this been established by anyone?

Thanks,
Randy