Networker

Re: [Networker] Cannot write to tape drive -- read only file system?

2004-07-28 15:38:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cannot write to tape drive -- read only file system?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:41:03 -0400
Just cleaned it the other day, but I can check that. I manually clean
them. I don't think the library is set up for automatic cleaning. That
is a feature that can be set on the library itself. If it's not set, I
would think that it wouldn't know unless the drive issued a problem, but
I cleaned it yesterday, so that shouldn't be the case. However, if the
library was set to clean, and it couldn't and it realized it had been
more than the allowed time since the last cleaning then maybe it might
set it read only. I'm gonna place a call to tech support on the drive
and see what they say.

Thanks to all!

George