Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker User Recoveries

2004-07-27 21:18:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker User Recoveries
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:18:50 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] Networker User Recoveries, Randy Doering said (at...:

    I know that I can find the requested tape and go in and put it in the
jukebox, do a "nsrjb -I -S 1-50" and get Legato to load the tape and start
the recovery.

It looks like you're bypassing any load port for your jukebox, which is
not a good idea with NetWorker.  You'll probably have better luck if you
load the volume(s) into the load port(s) and then use the `-d' option to
nsrjb to deposit them, like

       nsrjb -d -N -P 1

if you have a tape in load port #1 to enter into the jukebox.

    However, if I'm not around, is there anyway (short of giving them root
access to the server) to have a Windows Sysadmin retrieve a Storage tape to
process a recover request?

It's been a while since I looked at the Windows Admin GUI, but I believe that
it has a jukebox control "tab" that would allow them to deposit and
withdraw volumes, using the load port(s), in a way analogous to the -d/-w
options to nsrjb.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu