Networker

[Networker] Failed to write to quota file

2004-07-26 09:47:24
Subject: [Networker] Failed to write to quota file
From: "Turner, Peter" <Peter.Turner AT FORTHC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 08:47:35 -0500
I have recently added a disk partition (NTFS) to the networker server
(argon) where I am dumping some files to be backed up.  The files
themselves seem to be backing up but my backups have since been failing
with the error below. Networker is 7.1 230 Win2K.  Disk quotas were not
enabled.  I have now enabled disk quotas to see if that changes
anything.

I have another partition on same server - used for similar purpose.
Only difference I see is that I have enabled compression on the failing
one.  However, I have compression enabled on some other volumes ( on
other servers ) and don't have any problem.

Search of Legato's knowledgebase and list archives have not provided
much insight.  I do see that the error comes up from time to time but
the threads just seem to stop without much resolution (?)

Any suggestions?

--- Unsuccessful Save Sets ---

* argon.famhs.org:SYSTEM DB:\ 1 retry attempted
* argon.famhs.org:SYSTEM DB:\ Disk Quota Databases - Failed to write to
quota file, 0x80070005
* argon.famhs.org:SYSTEM DB:\ Disk Quota Databases - Failure while
backing up disk quota information on F:\
* argon.famhs.org:SYSTEM DB:\ Disk Quota Databases - Error saving
* argon.famhs.org:SYSTEM DB:\ save: RPC error: RPC cannot encode
arguments
* argon.famhs.org:SYSTEM DB:\ save: save of SYSTEM DB:\ to
argon.famhs.org failed