Networker

Re: [Networker] another storage node question

2004-07-20 08:30:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] another storage node question
From: "Wood, R A (Bob)" <WoodR AT CHEVRONTEXACO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:19:48 +0100
Olaf,
        What is happening is that the indexes for the remote clients are
waiting to be written. The indexes belong to the networker server hence
the request to have a tape loaded locally for the server.

        There are two ways round this,
1 You can add the remote storage node in the networker server client
config (this way the indexes will be saved to the remote pool - probably
not what you intended)

2 Change the 'Foo' pool selection to the remote clients instead of the
group. That way the remote client data will go to the storage node and
the indexes will go local to the networker server.

I favour option 2 myself.

Regards
Bob