Networker

[Networker] Antw: RE: [Networker] verify label problem (NW7.1.2 & AS 2SR3)

2004-07-20 01:44:56
Subject: [Networker] Antw: RE: [Networker] verify label problem (NW7.1.2 & AS 2SR3)
From: Thorsten Linow <Linow.Thorsten AT TALKLINE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 07:44:23 +0200
Hi Chad,

Well that's exactly what I have. I was just wondering if there is an easier way
figure out the hanging nsrmmd.
Your experience with Alphastor sounds not so good, any comment?

Regards, Thorsten Linow

UNIX SYS-Admin; Backup & Recovery
Talkline GmbH & CO KG
See You @ www.talkline.de

>>> "Chad Smykay" <csmykay AT rackspace DOT com> 19.07.04 18:49:18 >>>
I used to see this issue all the time when we "used" to have AlphaSnor.
When it happened we just found the offending nsrmmd process and killed it.
To find the offending nsrmmed process.....well that is another story.  Best
bet is to do an strace on all of the nsrmmd processes (if you are running a
*nix) and kill any of the processes that are not doing anything.  Nsrd will
notice that they died off and automagically start them back up again.

Regards,

Chad Smykay, RHCE, LCNA
Systems Storage Administrator