Networker

Re: [Networker] verify label problem (NW7.1.2 & AS 2 SR3)

2004-07-16 11:01:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] verify label problem (NW7.1.2 & AS 2 SR3)
From: Carl Farnsworth <cfarnsworth AT SYMPATICO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:01:02 -0400
I wish I could read Hrvoje's response, but ...
1.  I don't think you can use the -H option for a single drive.
2.  Maybe Solaris behaves better than Windows, but it's been my experience
(since 6.1.3) that a hung nsrjb process will block any successive nsrjb
commands.  Try to find the "nsrjb -l ..." process that was trying to mount
the volume and kill it.
3.  In an AlphaStor environment, the "nsrjb -H" command doesn't actually
reset the jukebox, just tries to re-sync slot status with AlphaStor.
Use "nsrjb -HHv" to get NetWorker to realize that the drives have been
unloaded.  Unfortunately, this will interrupt any other backups in progress.
4.  Stopping and re-starting NetWorker services may have the same effect,
but you shouldn't have to delete and re-create the device.

HTH
cf

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:36:12 +0200, Thorsten Linow
<Linow.Thorsten AT TALKLINE DOT DE> wrote:

>Hi,
>We're running Networker 7.1.2 and Alphastor 3 SR2 together on on Sun V880
Server.
>Our STK9840 tapedrives are connected via SAN and controlled by ACSLS.
>The bunch of STK9840 Tapedrives are configuerd as smartmedia-jukebox_9840
in networker
>another bunch of STK9940B Tapedrives are configured as smartmedia-
jukebox9940 in Networker
>Now we have a logical 9840 drive in the networker GUI having the status
verify label.
>-The volume is clearly mounted in Alphastor and in ACSLS.
>-The status inside the networker GUI is verify label and a "mt -
f /dev/rmt/7cbn  status " shows me a mounted tape.
>-The tape is not unloadable by networker.
>-asvolunmount will sucessfully unmount the alphastor and acsls device but
not the logical networker device.
>-Setting the drive into servicemode wouldn't help.
>-"mt -f /dev/rmt/7cbn release" or "mt -f /dev/rmt/7cbn offline wouldn't
clear the loaded slots, loaded barcode and loaded volume entries
>  for the logical device inside the (smartmedia-)jukebox inside networker-
GUI.
>-deleting the enties in loaded slots, loaded barcodes and loaded volumes
for the coresponding logical drive inside the jukebox-configuration is not
allowed anymore