Networker

Re: [Networker] how to clone only full backups ?

2004-07-13 12:00:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] how to clone only full backups ?
From: Itzik Meirson <imeirson AT MBI.CO DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 18:59:28 +0300
The easy way to clone is to clone every thing in the group.
In large environments this is not the best practice!
If you will NOT do cloning based on group completion, and will create
separate POOLs for your full backups, then at the end of your daily
backups you can BY VOLUME the tape that have been written during the
last day. This type of cloning will have to be initiated from a script
that will be run either at a predefined time with a scheduler (cron/at)
or triggered by a script that will be auto magically run at savegroup
completion time.
Itzik