Networker

[Networker] Increase NetWorker server availability with standby server?

2004-07-07 04:28:15
Subject: [Networker] Increase NetWorker server availability with standby server?
From: "Staudenmaier, Thomas (ZKD)" <Thomas.Staudenmaier AT ZKD.BWL DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:28:01 +0200
Hello there,

currently I am working with a configuration of one NetWorker server, one
Tape Library. The number of clients is about 30 and rising.

Now I am thinking about the availability of the backup setup.
Which measures do you take to increase the availability of your backup
infrastucture? I am mainly concerned how to minimize the impact of a loss of
the NW Server.
Is it possible to setup a hot/cold standby NW server, are there any other
sensible options?

Have a nice day,
Thomas Staudenmaier