Networker

[Networker] Save Set expirations

2004-07-02 09:18:12
Subject: [Networker] Save Set expirations
From: Adam Ardis <Adam.Ardis AT FAC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 09:17:47 -0400
Hey all,

Been trying to figure this one out, but I haven't been able to search
the archives.  I'm trying to figure out why tapes that are set to expire
still contain browsable save sets.

Information:

I've got a pool called NT Incremental, where the clients backed up to it
are all set for 2 week browse, 2 week retention.  A few of the clients
are also duplicated for other pools(NT Full(1 month browse 2 month
retention), NT Monthly(2 month browse, 1 year retention).  This tape has
14 save sets, last saved.  All of them are marked status recyclable
except 3 of them.  They are all incremental save sets, last save date
was 6/11.  Volume list says expiration is 6/25/04, but the tape is not
marked recyclable I suspect due to the 3 browsable save sets left on the
tape.  Any ideas why those are not recycling?  Two of the three save
sets are one client that only is set up for these NT Incremental
backups, 2 week 2 week.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam Ardis