Networker

[Networker] Change Journal on Windows 2000 Cluster

2004-06-28 03:49:01
Subject: [Networker] Change Journal on Windows 2000 Cluster
From: Kenneth Larsen <Kenneth.Larsen AT STERIA DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:50:12 +0200
I have two virtual nodes, who handles the file servers we need here. But
after I have enabled Change journal on the drives the first incremental
after a full is the same size.
I've been through the archives and found this, its from way back, but
still.

Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:09:01

We haven't noticed the longer reboot time but will now look for it :)

We would like to use the change journal as there seems to be a benefit if
we don't have to transverse 100+Gb volumes/drives.

That said,  we have one system where the incremental backup following a
full backup is just as big as the full; this happens only when the
change journal is turned on.  We're suspecting a utility (Services for
Macintosh) because Microsoft and Legato has no explanation;  the change
journal technical support is limited.

Again, it seems like a good feature, we're trying to use it, but have had
mixed results.

Robert Maiello
Thomson
Medical Economics

We have exactly the same problem.
Now I am wondering, did you ever resovle this?
I can tell you its not an issue with services for macintosh, since we
don't use it.

The support for Change Journal has not improved alot in the last year.....

Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Kenneth Larsen
Steria
Tonsbakken 16-18
2740 Skovlunde
kel AT steria DOT dk - 44506261 - 26306261
With a revenue of 970  million Euro and more than 8,000 employees, Steria
is one of the top ten IT services companies in Europe.
Steria Denmarks ambition is to reach a yearly growth of 20% in the coming
3 years. Our focus expertise is in:  e-Business, e-Government,
Outsourcing, Infrastructure, CRM and Workflow.