Networker

Re: [Networker] Nsrnmo scripts with arguments

2004-06-26 10:05:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Nsrnmo scripts with arguments
From: Uwe Weber <uwe.weber AT TELEOS-WEB DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 16:06:38 +0200
Arun Sondhi schrieb:
> Since you are running RMAN I am curious to know how do
> you schedule level backups using RMAN and Legato, as Legato schedules
> are meaningless (Full and skip are the only ones that are
> meaningful), so how does level get passed to RMAN scripts?
You need two different rman scripts. One making level 0 backups and
one making level >0 backups. You give the rman scripts as savesets to a
client resource, so you need two clients for this setup. Schedule the
one with the full level to one day and skips for the others and the
'incremental' client vice versa.

Regards,
uwe