Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP restore problems. Yet again.

2004-06-23 14:58:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP restore problems. Yet again.
From: Itzik Meirson <imeirson AT MBI.CO DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:57:41 +0300
Oscar,
Needless to say this attitude will not bring you closer to problem
resolution.
I have many NDMP customers that never had a problem restoring.
As regarding to Networker NDMP functionality, it has its share of
problems but Legato support is really helping once you properly define
the problem you see.
To help you solve the problem you are having you should provide some
additional information:
1. What is/are you NAS devices?
2. What do you exactly mean by three-party, please be specific,
regarding clients and NDMP tape service.
3. In a NDMP backup I have never seen a path that starts with a leading
dot.
4. Try to check if the specific file (and path) have ever been backed up
using:
   nsrinfo NDMPClient name | grep -i FS_AKT.K1.
5. Are you doing a "recover" or "saveset recover"
6. What do you mean by DAR recovery while ENHANCED_DAR is disabled?
For sure there are more questions to be asked but I hope the ones I
specified can lead you to the resolution of the problem.
Last, but not least you should use and involve Legato support.
Itzik