Networker

[Networker] SAP backup fails

2004-06-22 15:42:46
Subject: [Networker] SAP backup fails
From: Uwe Weber <uwe.weber AT TELEOS-WEB DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:44:11 +0200
Hi there,

we are backing up four R/3 instances with the Networker Module
for R/3 on Oracle to a Networker 7.1.1. server, using SAP's native
brtools in conjunction with Legato's backint. All servers are on W2003.

Everything went fine until Thursday, when we updated the server to
7.1.2. Due to several problems after this upgrade we downgraded the
server back to 7.1.1 on Friday evening.

Since then some of our SAP backups fail. Instances and progress of
backup to the point of failure vary. damon.log only states that saveset
xy is aborted and removed. The backint.log gives the following error
messages:

backint: error, update of ss failed
backint: shutdown failed

We suspected problems with the media index and crosschecked the media
database. This didn't help, so I manually scavenged the database. Didn't
work.

So the problem is: What can I do to get these backups working again?
Is the problem really with the media database or are there other
probable causes? If it is the media index, how do I rebuild it?

Regards,
uwe