Networker

Re: [Networker] Recovery of RAWASM savesets.

2004-06-09 09:02:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recovery of RAWASM savesets.
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT THOMSON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 09:01:57 -0400
I just used the rawasm the other day although the raw partition (or volumes
in our case; /dev/vx/rdsk/rootdg/volname) were called out in a directive
at backup.   In our case then the recover of "volname" above is a simply
a file or directory off of the "/" ssid.   If your devices were listed as
client savesets then you can reference them by ssid easily.

We did a directed recover. I  created the same devices on the target client
though and did an interactive recover.

In your case I believe some have created symbolic links for the recover
with success.  One recovers the data to the exact same place on the target
client but the device names are symbolic links to the actual devices where
you want the data to go.   I'm assuming one could symlink this to file
although I haven't tried it?

A redirected recover is defitinely possible though.

Robert Maiello
Thomson Healthcare