Networker

[Networker] Recovery of RAWASM savesets.

2004-06-08 16:16:17
Subject: [Networker] Recovery of RAWASM savesets.
From: John Hope-Bailie <johnhb AT SOURCECONSULTING.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 22:20:09 +0200
Good-day,

I need to perform raw device backup/recovery with NetWorker on Sun/Solaris.
Currently running NW 6.1.3.  Intend to upgrade to NW 7.1.1. soon.

Backups are embedded into a controlling script using the "save" command.
By specifying the rawasm directive, and the device as the save target, a raw
block-level backup of the device is achieved.

This works fine.

My question relates to recovering this data.
I need to be able to recover this data onto another host system.
If possible it should also be recoverable to a different device.
(Clearly the device would have to be the same configuration as the original
source device)

I have asumed that one could use the recover command with the -S <SSID>
option to recover this raw backup.

However, it is not clear from the "recover" man page whether the -d
<destination> option can be used to redirect the recovery to another target
device, or another host.

Does anyone have practical experience with this ?

Can you clarify what is or is not possible with redirected recovery of
rawasm savesets.

regards,

John Hope-Bailie