Networker

Re: [Networker] Very strange problem and question on block size error?

2004-06-04 06:44:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Very strange problem and question on block size error?
From: Dennis Schmidt <dennis.schmidt AT TDS DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 06:43:59 -0400
hi,

we have this problem too,

we have the following OS runnings..

ADIC S10K with LTO Ultrium 2 IBM at FUJI Primerpower 880 Unix Solaris 8 NW6.1.3

STK 9730 with DLT7000 at SUN 450 Unix Solaris 8 NW6.1.3

HP Surestore DLT8000 Win2K NW6.2

HP MSL6000 Win2K NW7.1

and the problem still exists at all the systems,we see this failure very
often after the gets full,but we haven´t test it so much like you.

for the LTO´s we now today that there will exist a new firmware release for
the using of maxell tapes,we also see that our FUJI cleaning tapes which are
originally produced for IBM drives,are do not work correctly.
the cleaning message on the drive will still exist,a few days ago we test
with a TDK cleaning tape,and now the drive is really cleaned.in the new
firmware is a  problem fixed with the energy which is used for writing/read
at the tapes.

i think that in some weeks we will test this new firmware,the other point
is,i have a really fear that the tapes will make the problems.

i know you are using LINUX but the problems will even the same.

at the moment we get 5-10 tapes with the problems over all backupsservers.

but this does not mean,that every message is really a error.

nice greetings dennis