Networker

[Networker] Autochanger window version 7.1.1

2004-06-02 17:17:46
Subject: [Networker] Autochanger window version 7.1.1
From: "Rohrich, James" <James.Rohrich AT UOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 16:17:10 -0500
Has anyone noticed a difference in the performance of the Autochanger window
in version 7.1.1 on the Windows version.  It seems to be much slower in this
version. For example after you unload a volume, it seems to take longer for
the screen to refresh.

In the previous version, 6.1.1, we had to change the default 60 second
polling interval for volumes to 6000 because of the number of tapes in the
library. In the Autochanger window I would think it was some type of polling
issue, but there is no option to change. Again even though we made the
volume polling change in version 6.1.1, the Autochanger window did not need
any changes.