Networker

Re: [Networker] Directives v's oracle NMO

2004-05-21 11:30:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Directives v's oracle NMO
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 07:55:59 +0100
Rexxy wrote:

We have a client which is running past it's SLA and we have been instructed
to look at using an Incremental Schedule on it, with alsmost all our our
systems we do not use savegroups etc, but our own wrapper scripts around
the save command, this has extrensive inclusion and exlusions
functionality, mainly for oracle database files so they are ingored during
a normal filesystem backup (oracle done separately). Since we have been
requested to perform incrementals, the ability to exclude all the dbf files
etc is not available, and I am concerned that the use of driectives may
also interfere with any RMAN NMO backups.

e.g.   If I put a directive to not backup any dbf files on a system, or not
just under root, but more explicitly the application filesystems
<< / >>
 +skip: *.dbf
 +skip: *.ctl
etc
etc

my worry is that the RMAN (oracle NMO) backups may use it also

No it won't. The RMAN backup is handled inside Oracle which cares not a
jot about directives.