Networker

[Networker] Mystery on NetWare backup. (specified savesets)

2004-05-19 17:11:38
Subject: [Networker] Mystery on NetWare backup. (specified savesets)
From: Shawn Larson <Shawn.Larson AT FSI-INTL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 16:11:16 -0500
My environment.

Networker server:
Solaris 7
Networker 6.1.1

Client:
Netware 6.5
Networker 4.21

I can get a regular backup by specifying the volume in the client resource
and running the appropriate savegrp.

The size of some of the volumes forcres me to split them up into multiple
savesets for performance reasons.
I have been using this method on our Netware 5.1 clients without issue.

I have mimicked the client config with this NetWare 6.5 client and a
strange thing happened with the backup.
I ended up getting a backup of one of the savesets 6 times consecutively.
None of the other specified savesets backed up.

Has anyone seen such a strange behavior ???  If so, how is it solved.

-
Thanks for reading;
Shawn Larson -- 952 448-8090
FSI International