Networker

Re: [Networker] Linux client not backup'ing

2004-05-12 18:08:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Linux client not backup'ing
From: Chad Smykay <csmykay AT RACKSPACE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 17:08:37 -0500
Actually we have seen issues were if you do not have the portmapper service
running (and bound first) then you communications with local host will fail
as well as remote backups of clients.  I wish NetWorker did properly use its
own portmapper service like windows does but it does not.

Also we are backing up over 1300 Linux clients so that may help in
justifying this setup.

Regards,

Chad Smykay, RHCE, LCNA
Systems Storage Administrator