Networker

[Networker] Dedicated Storage Node

2004-05-12 15:26:42
Subject: [Networker] Dedicated Storage Node
From: "johan.gislen AT hik DOT se" <Johan.Gislen AT HIK DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 21:13:26 +0200
I'm currently in the process of setting up a dedicated storage node with a
jukebox attached to it,
and thought it would be a good idea to create a dedicated volume pool for the
media in that jukebox.

In the settings for the volume pool (called "StorageNodePool"), I selected the
group "StorageNode"
which contains only the client that is the dedicated storage node. The client
data gets written to
the locally attached jukebox, but when it gets to the client index it wants a
volume from the "StorageNodePool" at
the main Networker server.

Is there any way that I can direct the storage node client's index to the
"Main" pool that I use for
the rest of my backups?

Platform: Windows 2000
Networker: 7.1.1