Networker

Re: [Networker] Most efficient way to create duplicate clones?

2004-05-12 15:13:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] Most efficient way to create duplicate clones?
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 19:16:09 +0100
George Sinclair wrote:
Hi,

Here's the scenario: I have a bunch of savesets located on LTO and SDLT
tapes that I'm going to be cloning. I'd like to create two clones of
each saveset, but to different physical tapes (same clone pool), so no
two cloned savesets will ever reside on the same clone volume. The
original volumes will be recycled, leaving us two clone copies of each
saveset on separate clone volumes for safety. I'm trying to figure out
the best and fastest way to do this.

George, you won't believe how easy this is. The answer is: clone it
twice. NetWorker will never write two copies of the same save set to the
same volume. It's written into the code. How easy is that?