Networker

Re: [Networker] Installing a Storage Node

2004-05-07 14:52:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Installing a Storage Node
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 14:52:23 -0400
On Fri, 7 May 2004, Spindler, Brian wrote:

>What I was getting at was when will the NetWorker Server recognize the
>devices and allow me to store data to them.  I got my answer by going
>into the Set Up Server and adding the Device Host and then the Search
>for new devices to now.

That's what jbconfig does; it sets up the devices so they are available to
your NetWorker server. The devices that are connected to the storage node
will be listed in the nwadmin display and each device name with be
"rd=xxx" where xxx is the device name. The "rd" stands for "remote
devices" if I remember correctly.