Networker

[Networker] Tru64 AdvFS File Domain Panic + NetWorker

2004-05-03 19:03:43
Subject: [Networker] Tru64 AdvFS File Domain Panic + NetWorker
From: Randy Doering <rdoering AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 18:53:38 -0400
Greetings,

       We a Cluster of AlphaServer ES45 - Tru64 V5.1B + NetWorker 7.1-1.

       On Friday evening, I had a Full BU scheduled for a File System, at
8:00 PM, and it kicked off as it was supposed to. At 8:04:56, we had an
AdvFS Domain Panic. This was noticed Saturday morning, and I stopped the
Production application.

       I am working with HP to try and post-mortem figure out what could
have happened. The coinsidence of Networker kicking in and then having the
file system crash, leads me to think of Networker being the cause of the
file system crash, or a victim.

       I was able to get the file system going again after rebooting the 2
nodes. But after the reboots, the NetWorker files in /usr/opt/networker
were all deleted. I had to "setld -d" the NGTO subsets, then reinstall with
the "setld -l ." command.

       Has anyone seen anything similar?

Thanks,
Randy