Networker

Re: [Networker] DR clone info

2004-04-30 09:45:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] DR clone info
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT THOMSON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:45:52 -0400
The bootstrap output should have 2 tapes, 2 ssids(same) and 2 tape names
that represent your bootstrap if you are cloning.    You may have to run an
mminfo -B  in the morning so it shows the latest clone tape.

In your case it may be true that the barcodes don't tell you which one is
from the clone pool but one of them should be offsite. When we send our
clones out we mark there location "offsite" with the mmlocate command but
that will not help in a DR situation.

If you have a disaster you will want the latest tape of the 2 you have
listed.  Just request both from offsite and one of them should be off site
and have the bootstrap.

Are you doing your own off site storage or using a vendor?

Robert Maiello
Thomson Healthcare