Networker

Re: [Networker] Opinions on AlphaStor: Anyone using it?

2004-04-29 15:40:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Opinions on AlphaStor: Anyone using it?
From: "Herrmann, Dave" <daveh AT DELTAFAUCET DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:40:22 -0500
Thanks Dana, this is the kind of information I'm looking for. Some informed
opinions on the product and where it fits in. We currently have a little
over 1200 tapes in our inventory and through some backup scheme and
retention policy changes I'm preparing to implement, I'm looking to drop
that to around 800. Probably even less with the higher capacity LTO-2 tapes
on selected systems/data.

I've been wondering if I Networker Management Console and/or Networker
Operations would suffice for our needs. I'm still gathering info on them as
well.

Thanks,

Dave Herrmann