Networker

Re: [Networker] Opinions on AlphaStore: Anyone using it?

2004-04-27 02:54:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Opinions on AlphaStore: Anyone using it?
From: "Aldenkamp, Steven" <Steven.Aldenkamp AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:52:33 +0200
Hi David,

we have been using it for almost 5 months now and we are happy with it.

We use it to backup several datazones (which have to be separated: different
clients) to one single StorageTek L80 jukebox. Both Legato servers use a 40slot
jukebox license.

The AlphaStor makes it possible to backup across firewalls with only 3 ports
which you should open. When you check the Legato NetWorker settings there are
much more ports which need to be opened. So for us this was a big security
issue which is now solved with AlphaStor.

We are still learning to use it with all its features but for us it's an
important and well-working application.

Steven