Networker

Re: [Networker] LTO Drive or Tape Problem

2004-04-23 13:00:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] LTO Drive or Tape Problem
From: Duncan Greenwood <duncan.greenwood AT BTINTERNET DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:00:10 +0100
Dan,

If you're using the IBM Atape driver (assume you are but I don't have recent
AIX
experience), you have a couple of utilities that may give more info. See the
doc at:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/Doc/IBM_ultrium_tape_IUG.pdf

starting p 55 for tapeutil and p 69 for diag. These should give you access
to the
drive error logs.

hth

#