Networker

Re: [Networker] LTO Drive or Tape Problem

2004-04-23 11:28:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] LTO Drive or Tape Problem
From: "Maarten Boot (CWEU-USERS/CWNL)" <Maarten.Boot AT NL.COMPUWARE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:28:33 +0200
Similar here

Solaris 8 and 9
Networker 7.0 and 7.1.1
Exabyte L110 with IBM LTO-2
Due to limited availibility of other Tape vendors we chose Imation.

I changed most components in the loop so far
made sure that all lto drives have their own scsi channel and reduced the load
on the machine (Sun E450 with 1 Gb mem and 2 400Mhz Ultra sparc2)
my last conclusion is that this tape vendors quality screeing is far below
good.

Maarten