Networker

Re: [Networker] Scanner error: 'Unknown pool'

2004-04-07 19:26:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Scanner error: 'Unknown pool'
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 16:26:06 -0700

> Hi,
>
> As a test I removed a volume in my NDMP pool via Remove Volume > File
> and Media index entries.  I want to run scanner against it so I can read
> in the indexes.  I know that volume is in slot 71 but when I do a:
>
> scanner -i rd=filer1:nrst2a

That looks like windows syntax, possibly with a remote media server,
yes?  So there may be some bits I'm not familiar with.

> I get: slot `71' (000066C) will not be loaded since pool `Unknown pool'
> is not available.
>
> nsrjb | grep -i 71:
>     71: 000066C*                             7525858

Hmm...  How did it know that you wanted to use the volume in slot 71,
when you don't show that on the scanner line?

in general, I put the volume in the drive (perhaps with nsrjb -ln) and
then run scanner.

Since you've deleted the volume entirely, you don't have any media
indexes either, so you'll also need the -m flag...

> Why does scanner need to know the pool?  If I put the volume back into
> the NDMP pool won't the volume be erased?

It should pick up the pool with the -m flag.