Networker

Re: [Networker] Interview Questions

2004-04-06 17:12:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Interview Questions
From: Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:37:13 -0400
On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 10:12, Stan Horwitz wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Conrad Macina wrote:
>
> >I'm going to have to interview candidates for a position supporting a
> >rather large and complex (to me anyway) NetWorker environment. Does anybody
> >have "tried & true" questions to ask interviewees to pin down how much they
> >really know about NetWorker?
>
> Ask the candidates what they consider best practices for managing a
> NetWorker server and a disaster recovery plan.

It's sad but last time someone asked me an essay question like this the
interviewee had no clue of the answer themselves. My advice, before
asking the question make sure you're qualified to answer it yourself. If
not, get someone from your staff who is to sit in on the interview.

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT us.ibm DOT com>
IBM Linux Technology Center