Networker

Re: [Networker] restore to different location

2004-03-31 01:04:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] restore to different location
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:43:48 +0100
me wrote:
Here is what I have done so far:

On the networker server I opened nwadmin and mounted
the correct volume that contains the data I need to
restore from the jukebox.

Opened the Save Set Recover window and selected the
correct Client (the old no longer existing system) and
the correct Instance of data.

Selected Recover to open the Save Set Recover Status
window and than opened the Save Set Recover Options.

Here is where I get lost...the "Relocate recovered
data to:"

I wish to send the backup data from the jukebox to a
directory (say: /usr/people/joe/foo) I created on the
server (the server running the networker software, so
it is already both a networker server and client, say
the server name is bigfoo)

So I guess what I am trying to figure out is how to
"Relocate recoverd data to" /usr/people/joe/foo @
bigfoo

I did read your suggestion "You also need to open up
the NetWorker Administrator GUI and then open up the
old client's client resource, and add the
userid@hostname for the new client in order to
authorize the new client to restore files that belong
to the old client"

but I either missing something or.....I am missing
something?

I assume you are using nwrecover on Unix?

It is the relocate option from the options pull-down menu.