Networker

Re: [Networker] "scratching" tapes in a scalar 100

2004-03-26 15:59:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] "scratching" tapes in a scalar 100
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:58:36 +0000
me wrote:
I have "aquired" responsibility of the backup process
and would like to "scratch" all of the tapes in the
jukebox and start with "fresh" tapes all in the
default pool. None of the existing data is of value.

Can anyone tell me the best way to do this? It seems I
would need to relable the volumes but that did not
seem to set the all back to 0% used???

Thanks,
Chris

Would you care to explain more? If you relabel a tape it most definitely
does set it to 0% used. However if you mark a tape as recyclable it does
not do this until the tape is required for another backup. What did you do?

Why do you need to do this?