Networker

Re: [Networker] Slow filer backups

2004-03-26 08:03:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Slow filer backups
From: Jack Lyons <jack.lyons AT MARTINAGENCY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:03:23 -0500
When you say NDMP doesn't support multiple streams.  Are you saying that if
there are two drives and two volumes, that I won't be able to back them up
simultaneously?

BTW, We are getting 1.2 TB backed up at an average of 21MB/s to a single
LTO-1 but we were planning on adding another drive when we moved another
800GB to the filer, but it seems that I might not get any improvement in
speed.