Networker

Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] stage device: 0 KB written, but full?

2004-03-24 13:52:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] stage device: 0 KB written, but full?
From: Olaf Zaplinski <o.zaplinski AT BROADNET-MEDIASCAPE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:54:41 +0100
Hi Klaus,

thanks for the information, but the 7 staging devices that belong to the
pool Filesystem are all on one big RAID5 disk, and this is attached to the
NW server with SCSI. The kernel logs do not show any problems.

Olaf

Grohal Klaus wrote:
Look at daemon.log if an error occurred on the volume while networker tried to mount or
umount the tape. My experience is, that this often happens in a san-enviroment. For
example , during backup operation the device recieves a reset, the tape rewinds,
NetWorker doesn't recognise this reset and overwrites the label of the volume. On the
next mount operation NetWorker can't read the label, in release 7.x he marks the label as
full and sets all ssids (if there are one) to status "suspect"

Regards

Klaus