Networker

Re: [Networker] Cloning

2004-03-23 10:06:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cloning
From: Rodney Rutherford <rodney.rutherford AT TRIPOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:08:40 -0600
Thanks Darren!

I didn't realize that Legato was referring to it as well.

I actually haven't done any work on the script in years, but now that
I am at a NetWorker site once again, I plan on beginning work on it
again (along with my other tools) and adding some enhancements and
updates to it.  The only question is the timeframe...

By the way, another NetWorker user has taken that script and converted
it to perl.  She posted her link to the list a while back.

Rodney
http://www.par3concepts.com/

Darren Chanowski wrote:
This is on a Solaris 2.8 server running Networker 6.1.3.....

After months of 'working' with legato on a similiar cloning issue they
provided us with an educational script to perfrom the cloning after all of
the backups completed to alleviate the ready for writing/reading idle. The
script can be found at the url
http://www.par3concepts.com/scripts_tools/nsr_clone_ssids

We tweaked the script to suit our needs and it works well. For our cloning
groups we deselected the clones option. After the backups complete
fulls/incrementals we run the scripts to copy the fulls off to our clone
tapes for offsite storage.