Networker

[Networker] Stopping bootstrap generation

2004-03-18 18:21:19
Subject: [Networker] Stopping bootstrap generation
From: NEWHAM Debra <DNEWHAM AT GOLDCOAST.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:21:09 +1000
hi :))

Our environment has 2 Legato Networker servers -
one on a Windows 2000 server
one on a Tru64 v5.1a server

We have noticed that on the windows legato server only, a bootstrap is
generated after
every savegroup even though the legato server itself is not in the savegroup.
This does not
occur on the unix legato server. This is a problem especially when using a
storage node, as
it requires a tape belonging to the same pool as used in the Storage node, on
the legato server
to write the bootsrap file......grrrrrrrr

What we would like to do is to stop a bootstrap from being generated except
when backing up
the Legato Networker Server.

Is this possible???

*sigh*

Debra Newham and Ruth Reeve
email:  dnewham AT goldcoast.qld.gov DOT au
ph:  07 5581 5251 or 0414 180 109

This e-mail and its contents is confidential to Gold Coast City Council
and un-authorised use is strictly prohibited.