Networker

Re: [Networker] File changed during save question

2004-03-11 01:00:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] File changed during save question
From: Shaun Ellis <sellis AT LEGATO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:52:48 -0800
It backups the file, and puts a warning in the log file.

If you wish to guarantee the backup of an Oracle database, I suggest using
the NetWorker Module for Oracle (NMO) which uses the Oracle RMAN utility. It
is then the responsibility of RMAN to backup the data, and for NetWorker to
receive it and write it to your backup medium of choice.

Shaun Ellis
LEGATO Software
3210, Porter Drive
Palo Alto